Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Yahoo Board Fires Chief Executive!

Here is a New York Times article.Following the link is my review of the article and the way multimedia was used in order to grab reader's attention.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/07/technology/carol-bartz-yahoos-chief-executive-is-fired.html?_r=1&ref=technology

I believe this article was written with a bias. That is the general impression I got from reading this article. This article had a picture, but it was just a simple mug shot. I think a larger picture would have served the story's purpose better. I want to be able to see the person I am reading about, not squinting at my computer trying to make out a face.

Another point I would like to make while I am tearing this article to shreds is: Why not use graphics? It is online, it should be easy to piece together a graphic in order to show the statistics they are discussing. I was bored after the first seven paragraphs because there was nothing visual to draw my eye.

Overall it was a fine well-written article, but it could have been made much better. By using a larger picture, a graphic, and maybe even a video, this story could have been exceptional instead of the boring drywall it felt like towards the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment