Friday, September 9, 2011

A video that can be improved - Annual MLK March (Jan. 14, 2007)

http://www.ferris.edu/news/week/video/MLK07/

Here is one video I did not like. This video would have been a lot better it it had been a voice-over instead of a little box of a person talking cutting off my view of the people marching/walking. His voice was also too loud, now that may have been my computer, but I don't think so. Also, why were the interviews not taken on the spot? The clip was boring becuase it just showed people walking...pull people aside, ask them questions as they walk by...make it interesting. My last point is that the video was too long. I started daydreaming within a minute or less. Shorter videos are usually the best policy.

3 comments:

  1. Mary,
    Maybe you can work on this link - it did not take me directly there.

    Good points on that video overall. I would consider this was done in 2007. Multimedia journalism continues to improve, I hope.

    However, remember those principles that you describe here when you work on your own. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I am having trouble getting the links to work on here. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When creating the link, highlight the words you want to link and then click on the small icon of a chain. A box will open for you to copy and paste the web site URL into. Have you tried?

    ReplyDelete