Saturday, December 10, 2011

Commercials vs. Other Video

I was thinking today that commercials and the videos we did for class are not that different. Look at the Old Spice commercial (the one that made the actor famous), they use lots of changing scenery. The creator appealed to the younger audience (and females with the partial male nuity) by accepting the fact that we have short attention spans and then creating something we will actually pay attention to. It is nothing short than genius. I wish I would have applied this technique to my video...I think it would have been stronger becuase of it. I think the key to creating anything is to keep your audience in mind and be creative and imaginative.

1 comment:

  1. Great point, Mary. We can all learn a lot - good and bad - from successful commercials.

    ReplyDelete